Sunday, October 23, 2011

In the past week it felt like we did nothing but travel. On Tuesday we went to Perugia and saw the archaeological museum. On Wensday we went to Assisi and saw St. Francis' tomb and the tomb of St. Clare. Assisi was my favorite place we saw this week. I loved who the city was made out of stone and even though it was small it was more beautiful then any of the other cities we saw, or maaybe I liked it more because it did not smell like Florence and Rome. I still cannot believe how many church I have been to since I came to Italy, for me this is really weird because 1) I don't go to church and 2) I'm Jewish, but it has been wonderful to see all of the paintings and the architectural work that went into these buildings. Lastly on Friday we went to Siena, the city was nice and the fact that it is one of Italy's best preserved medieval towns was neat for me to see. All in all I did not find Siena as beautiful as Assisi. I will try to put up some pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment