Friday, October 7, 2011

I ment to update Wednesday after we went to Museo Archaeologico. I know we are in Italy but at the museum there were some Egyptians artifacts that included some mummies, so I would like to talk some about that. This was the first time I have seen a mummy in person and I could not help but feel a sad for these people that lived so long ago. From my understanding the Egyptians spent most of their life perparing for the afterlife. They believed that the soul could not move on to the afterlife unless they had the right rituals done. Even thought they removed the organs they were still keep near the person when they were in tombed. So for people who believed so strongly in the afterlife, how do you think they would react to being put on display in a country that was not even their home? Or how wold they feel about their resting grounds being disturbed? I know that these people have been dead for a long time but I believe that the afterlife is whatever you believe it to be. So I wonder if these people are feeling unrest in their afterlife because of what has been done to their body in this life?

No comments:

Post a Comment